• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            World

            More than 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive in Ebola-hit DR Congo

            Saturday, August 22, 2026 - 14:39:30
            More than 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive in Ebola-hit DR Congo
            Arya News - The doses are the first of 70,000 allocated for Kinshasa as experts warn of the virus’s exponential spread.

            The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has received more than 16,000 doses of the Ervebo vaccine as the country faces its deadliest-ever Ebola outbreak.
            The 16,250 doses arrived in the capital, Kinshasa, late on Friday evening, comprising the first of 70,000 that the World Health Organization (WHO) and partners pledged to provide on Thursday.
            Recommended Stories
            list of 4 items list 1 of 4 Ebola outbreak ‘growing faster, ⁠⁠wider’ as DRC death toll passes 2,500: UN list 2 of 4 DR Congo to receive 70,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine as Ebola infections surge list 3 of 4 How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s history list 4 of 4 DR Congo’s Ebola outbreak ‘global emergency’ as infections pass 5,000: WHO end of list More doses are set to arrive next week.
            Although the vaccine is approved against the Zaire strain of the virus, the Bundibugyo strain currently circulating in the country has no approved vaccine or treatment.
            Early data from animal trials show it may offer some protection, according to the WHO.
            Samuel Roger Kamba, the DRC’s health minister, told reporters Ervebo had been used several times in the past, including “on a very large scale” during the 2018 to 2020 outbreak.
            Of the 70,000 doses intended for the DRC, 20,000 will be part of a late-stage clinical trial to test its effect on the Bundibugyo strain, the WHO said. The remainder is allocated to front-line and health workers.
            The outbreak has killed more than 2,500 people out of nearly 5,300 confirmed cases, with the United Nations warning this week that infections continue to spread “exponentially”.
            Although the outbreak was declared in mid-May, it is believed to have started weeks beforehand. Data from the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, meanwhile, shows that transmission has not yet peaked and could reach three times its known rate.
            Efforts to contain the virus have been stymied by ongoing armed conflict, delays in identifying cases and a lack of infrastructure in eastern DRC, experts say.

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Pakistan PM directs petroleum minister to hold talks with oil refineries for reducing diesel prices
            Pakistan PM directs petroleum minister to hold talks with oil refineries for reducing diesel prices
            Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan
            Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            • More News
            • CONCACAF asks Infantino to skip youth event amid FIFA governance crisis
            • Russian strikes kill 6 people in Ukraine, day after shopping complex attack
            • Usain Bolt’s 100m record broken at World Humanoid Robot Games
            • Ukraine`s Terror Attacks Lay Bare Its Neo-Nazi Nature - Putin
            • More than 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive in Ebola-hit DR Congo
            • Pakistan’s PTI seeks contempt action over jailed Imran Khan’s hospital move
            • Manchester City preview: Five key questions heading into 2026-27 season
            • Former world champion boxer Zolani Tete shot and killed in South Africa
            • Swedes Contact Russian Embassy Almost Weekly About Moving to Russia - Ambassador
            • Iran says new US sanctions violate sovereignty of other states
            • All Anti-Iranian US Sanctions Failed - Iran`s Foreign Minister
            • Russian Cosmonaut Highlights Strong Russia-US Cooperation in Space Exploration
            • Australia bite back as 18 wickets fall on day one of second Bangladesh Test
            • Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
            • Lionel Messi fined for striking opponent in Inter Miami MLS game
            • Somalia child hunger crisis deepens after aid cuts, UNICEF says
            • World Bank projects war-hit Lebanon’s economy to contract by 6.4 percent
            • ‘Young want to leave’: Libya’s brain drain, 15 years after Tripoli fell
            • China’s new moon mission could unlock secret of lunar ice: Why that matters
            • ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam
            • US imposes 50 percent tariffs on $20bn in Canadian goods after talks fail
            • At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes
            • Nigeria and the Sahel: A growing security divide
            • Iran`s Weapons Production Doubled in Past Year Despite US, Israeli Strikes
            • US judge strikes down Trump immigrant visa ban affecting 75 countries


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Saturday, August 22, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search