• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            Sports

            Starc takes 10 as Australia hand Bangladesh innings defeat in second Test

            Sunday, August 23, 2026 - 10:44:48
            Starc takes 10 as Australia hand Bangladesh innings defeat in second Test
            Arya News - Australia bounce back after losing the first Test, bowling out the visitors for 64 and 95 to win by an innings and 51 runs.

            An irrepressible Mitchell Starc bagged four wickets in the second innings and 10 for the match as he ripped through Bangladesh’s batting lineup to ensure a commanding victory by an innings and 51 runs in the second Test for Australia in just two days.
            The statement win on Sunday ensured the hosts ended the two-match series in a draw.
            The visitors headed into the Mackay showdown on a high after shocking the world’s top-ranked team by nine wickets in the first Test at Darwin.
            But they were brought crashing back to earth by some scintillating fast bowling, led by man of the match Starc, who finished with 10-51 for the match to level the series.
            After 18 wickets fell on a frenetic first day of the five-day match, the hosts were all out for 210 in the second day’s morning session, securing a lead of 146 on the back of Cameron Green’s 67.
            Paceman Shoriful Islam claimed 7-48 — the best figures by a Bangladeshi bowler in an away Test.
            The visitors collapsed for just 64 in their first innings , when Starc took 6-12, and he was the chief tormentor again, claiming 4-39 as Bangladesh crumbled to be 95 all out.
            Skipper Pat Cummins chipped in with 3-10 and Nathan Lyon 3-25.
            “A lot of things went right these couple [of] days and a lot of things went wrong last week,” said Cummins.
            “But yeah, we needed to bounce back, and it was a great few days from the lads. I thought everyone was sharp. It was a great start, and we didn’t really let up after that.”

            Arya News

            Australia’s captain Pat Cummins (L) holds the series trophy with Bangladesh’s Najmul Hossain Shanto after the conclusion of the second Test at the Great Barrier Reef Stadium in Mackay [David Gray/AFP] Bangladesh had a horror start, with Shadman Islam lasting just three balls, playing a meaningless stroke to a moving Starc delivery and edging to Marnus Labuschagne at point.
            Mominul Haque was equally clueless next ball, failing to offer a shot, with Starc removing his off stump and setting up a hat-trick opportunity.
            Captain Najmul Hossain Shanto, who was out for a golden duck in the first innings, this time survived to deny Starc.
            But their woes deepened when Tanzid Hasan departed soon after for nine. Starc was again involved, taking a catch in the deep after Tanzid pulled Cummins.
            Shanto did well to soak up the pressure after lunch for 46 deliveries, but he eventually lost focus against the off-spin of Lyon, holing out to the safe hands of Starc at long off on 31.
            And when Starc was brought back into the attack, he was front and centre again, enticing a loose shot from Litton Das, who was caught without scoring by Beau Webster at third slip.
            Mehidy Hasan Miraz struggled to get going and departed to an equally poor shot, lashing at a Cummins bouncer and being collected by wicketkeeper Alex Carey.
            The Australian captain then removed Hasan Mahmud (2) before Starc took his 10th for the match — the fourth time he has achieved the feat — when he bowled Taijul Islam for 7 runs.
            Lyon quickly wrapped up the tail in the first over after tea.
            “We know how good Australia are. They showed their character,” said Shanto.
            “We were not up to the mark with the bat. It was challenging conditions here with extra bounce and swing; we would like to learn from this.”

            Arya News

            Mominul Haque is bowled by Mitchell Starc [David gray/AFP] Australia resumed at 165-8, with Green on 51 and Lyon on 10.
            Green, who scored a century during the first Test in Darwin, kept the scoreboard moving early with quick singles.
            But he was undone by an inswinging yorker from the impressive Shoriful that hit him on the toe, with a review declaring him out lbw.
            A valiant Lyon brought up the 200 for Australia with a towering six off Taskin, and with Josh Hazlewood adding 24 crucial runs for the last wicket.
            The innings ended when Hazlewood skied Taijul to Shadman on six, leaving Lyon not out on 32.

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Iran’s Ghalenoei, Taremi decry US treatment before first World Cup game
            Iran’s Ghalenoei, Taremi decry US treatment before first World Cup game
            Uruguay squad lands in US after flight delay ahead of World Cup opener
            Uruguay squad lands in US after flight delay ahead of World Cup opener
            India beat Pakistan by 64 runs to open Women’s T20 World Cup campaign
            India beat Pakistan by 64 runs to open Women’s T20 World Cup campaign
            Vinicius drags low-key Brazil level against dominant Morocco at World Cup
            Vinicius drags low-key Brazil level against dominant Morocco at World Cup
            England training equipment stolen ahead of squad’s arrival in Kansas City
            England training equipment stolen ahead of squad’s arrival in Kansas City
            Topuria shoves Gaethje by Lincoln Memorial ahead of White House UFC event
            Topuria shoves Gaethje by Lincoln Memorial ahead of White House UFC event
            South Korea vs Czechia: World Cup group match – teams, start and lineups
            South Korea vs Czechia: World Cup group match – teams, start and lineups
            Messi comes off the bench to score in Argentina’s final World Cup warm-up
            Messi comes off the bench to score in Argentina’s final World Cup warm-up
            Anthony Joshua’s Nigeria car crash motivated me to return: Tyson Fury
            Anthony Joshua’s Nigeria car crash motivated me to return: Tyson Fury
            • More News
            • Infantino defies FIFA vice president, makes appearance in the Caribbean
            • Kazakhstan holds parliamentary election expected to cement president’s grip
            • Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincinnati final against Gauff
            • Serena Williams teams up with Carlos Alcaraz in US Open mixed doubles
            • Starc takes 10 as Australia hand Bangladesh innings defeat in second Test
            • Kazakhstan parliamentary elections begin: What’s at stake?
            • Baltic States Trying to Sabotage Overseas Voting in State Duma Elections - Russian MFA
            • Ukraine’s External State Debt Explodes 24-Fold Since West-Fomented Euromaidan
            • US Military Morale is ‘Deplorable’- Iranian Ambassador
            • In rural Chad, solar kiosks bring healthcare closer
            • Canada to hit US with retaliatory tariffs as trade war escalates
            • Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts
            • Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds
            • Real Madrid beat Espanyol 2-1 in Jose Mourinho’s first game on return
            • US Postal Service shares mail-in ballot restrictions despite court ruling
            • Israeli army and settlers injure several Palestinians across West Bank
            • Iran grants permission for some Iraqi oil tankers to pass through Hormuz
            • Iran Says US `Economic Warfare` Is a `Recipe for Return to Colonialism`
            • Carney: Canada will enact retaliatory US tariffs starting September 8
            • Israeli strikes kill two and injure others as Gaza attacks continue
            • Envoy says Israel did not give the US notice before strikes on Syrian base
            • Iran Rolls Out Offensive Strategy in Face of US Threat
            • Russia Presses On with Attacks on Ukrainian Drone Positions, Ports, and Vessels
            • Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
            • Seven killed, including two police officers, in UK ‘wrong-side’ car crash


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Sunday, August 23, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search