• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            World

            Israel, Board of Peace Agree on Hamas Disarmament, Gaza Demilitarization- Netanyahu Office

            Monday, August 17, 2026 - 19:08:35
            Israel, Board of Peace Agree on Hamas Disarmament, Gaza Demilitarization- Netanyahu Office
            Arya News - Israel and the Board of Peace have agreed that the disarmament of Palestinian movement Hamas and the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip must precede the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, Netanyahu`s office said on Monday.

            "The prime minister and the Board of Peace held in-depth and constructive discussions. It was decided to establish two working groups. The first will focus on disarmament [of Hamas] and demilitarization of Gaza—a process that Israel and the Board of Peace intend to implement as quickly as possible and complete before any reconstruction work begins in the Strip," the statement obtained by Sputnik read.Earlier in the day, Netanyahu held talks in Jerusalem with US President Donald Trump"s special envoy Jared Kushner and Board of Peace high representative for Gaza Nickolay Mladenov. It was previously reported that US Special Envoy Jared Kushner, during a four-hour meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, insisted that Israel supports the US-proposed ceasefire plan for the Gaza Strip and does not "create obstacles," according to media on Monday, citing an Israeli source.However, Netanyahu maintained that sticking to the peace plan was "problematic" due to the upcoming elections in Israel scheduled for late October, the person with the knowledge said.The prime minister is not willing to make concession on the Palestinian enclave before the elections, as he is counting on right-wing voters while lagging behind in the polls, the report noted.Netanyahu also said that it is Hamas who should take first steps, the source added.Recent polls revealed that Netanyahu"s coalition is gaining only 49 to 53 seats in the parliament, compared to 67 to 70 for the opposition led by former Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot.On October 9, 2025, Israel and Hamas, with the mediation of Egypt, Qatar, the US and Turkey, agreed to implement the first phase of the peace plan presented by Trump. The following day, a ceasefire went into effect in Gaza. In accordance with the agreement, Israeli troops withdrew to the so-called Yellow Line, retaining control of over 50% of the strip"s territory.In late July, the Board of Peace announced Hamas" agreement to the roadmap for implementing the next stages of the ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip. The plan calls for a gradual transfer of control of the Strip to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, with a specially created body to monitor violations by Hamas and Israel.
            https://sputnikglobe.com/20260810/netanyahus-snub-of-trump-over-gaza-is-posturing-linked-to-looming-elections-1124558212.html
            © AP Photo / Leo Correa
            Subscribe
            TEL AVIV (Sputnik) - Israel and the Board of Peace have agreed that the disarmament of Palestinian movement Hamas and the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip must precede the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, Netanyahu"s office said on Monday.
            "The prime minister and the Board of Peace held in-depth and constructive discussions. It was decided to establish two working groups. The first will focus on disarmament [of Hamas] and demilitarization of Gaza—a process that Israel and the Board of Peace intend to implement as quickly as possible and complete before any reconstruction work begins in the Strip," the statement obtained by Sputnik read.
            Earlier in the day, Netanyahu held talks in Jerusalem with US President Donald Trump"s special envoy Jared Kushner and Board of Peace high representative for Gaza Nickolay Mladenov.
            It was previously reported that US Special Envoy Jared Kushner, during a four-hour meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, insisted that Israel supports the US-proposed ceasefire plan for the Gaza Strip and does not "create obstacles," according to media on Monday, citing an Israeli source.
            However, Netanyahu maintained that sticking to the peace plan was "problematic" due to the upcoming elections in Israel scheduled for late October, the person with the knowledge said.
            The prime minister is not willing to make concession on the Palestinian enclave before the elections, as he is counting on right-wing voters while lagging behind in the polls, the report noted.
            Netanyahu also said that it is Hamas who should take first steps, the source added.
            Recent polls revealed that Netanyahu"s coalition is gaining only 49 to 53 seats in the parliament, compared to 67 to 70 for the opposition led by former Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot.
            On October 9, 2025, Israel and Hamas , with the mediation of Egypt, Qatar, the US and Turkey, agreed to implement the first phase of the peace plan presented by Trump. The following day, a ceasefire went into effect in Gaza. In accordance with the agreement, Israeli troops withdrew to the so-called Yellow Line, retaining control of over 50% of the strip"s territory.
            In late July, the Board of Peace announced Hamas" agreement to the roadmap for implementing the next stages of the ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip. The plan calls for a gradual transfer of control of the Strip to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, with a specially created body to monitor violations by Hamas and Israel.

            Arya News

            Analysis
            Netanyahu’s Snub of Trump Over Gaza is Posturing Linked to Looming Elections
            10 August, 16:05 GMT

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            • More News
            • NBA reportedly has no evidence Clippers owner Steve Ballmer funneled payments to Kawhi Leonard
            • British PM Burnham duped by White House impostor
            • Somali army clashes with rebel forces for control of key city Baidoa
            • Democrats rebuke Trump over scaling back military drills with South Korea
            • Arab League Head Accuses Netanyahu of Seeking to Derail Gaza Settlement
            • Russian Strikes Driving Ukraine’s Military Industry Into Systemic Crisis
            • Rights group urges FIFA to block Infantino re-election bid over term limits
            • Trump demands Iran ‘put up the white flag of surrender’ as MoU expires
            • Iran Announces $30,000 Bounty for Killing or Capturing Aggressor US Troops
            • Israel, Board of Peace Agree on Hamas Disarmament, Gaza Demilitarization- Netanyahu Office
            • 2026-27 Premier League betting preview, odds: Best bets for title race, Golden Boot and more
            • Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires
            • Boat sets sail from Bristol, aiming to break Israel’s siege of Gaza
            • Taiwan’s Foxconn reports 35 percent rise in profit on AI demand
            • US consumer inflation slows in July as energy prices briefly retreat
            • Media groups sue Trump over paid access to public social media posts
            • Paramount Skydance mulls CNN sale amid antitrust merger challenge
            • US accuses dozens of countries of helping China avoid Trump’s tariffs
            • Salvage work begins on tanker leaking oil off Oman, risk firm says
            • Taiwan passes defence budget after record delay, retains drone funding
            • CEO pay skyrockets in 2025 amid growing income inequality in the US
            • How a simple lighter has become the backbone of life in Gaza
            • Small-scale projects offer hope for Gaza farmers rebuilding lives
            • Japan’s economy slows, missing growth forecasts
            • Trump hails Mecca pact: Can it replace the region’s US security umbrella?


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Monday, August 17, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search