• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            World

            Trump demands Iran ‘put up the white flag of surrender’ as MoU expires

            Monday, August 17, 2026 - 19:10:12
            Trump demands Iran ‘put up the white flag of surrender’ as MoU expires
            Arya News - President also claims US is in direct contact with IRGC, denies a rush to end conflict ahead of November’s US midterm elections.

            US President Donald Trump has demanded that Iran surrender , as the memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the United States and Iran, agreed several months ago and aimed at ending hostilities, has expired.
            During an interview with Fox News on Monday, Trump said that Iran should “put up the white flag of surrender” in the five-month US-Israel war on Iran. The call is just the latest in the rhetorical tit-for-tat between the US and Washington as mediators continue to work to try to bring the parties back to the negotiating table.
            Recommended Stories
            list of 3 items list 1 of 3 Can Trump really make Strait of Hormuz a US territory? list 2 of 3 ‘Limited options’ for many Iranians as war with US chokes economy list 3 of 3 Iran says no decision yet on a return to talks with the US end of list Trump said his administration had opened a direct backchannel with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), but claimed that he was in no rush to end a conflict over which he has lost significant control and that has hurt his political support.
            “They’re good poker players, but they’re dying,” the US president said of the IRGC.
            However, Trump also insisted that he is in no hurry to reach a deal despite November’s upcoming US midterm elections, in which the opposition Democrats are seeking to take control of Congress.
            “I have no time schedule … I’m not in a hurry,” the president asserted.
            Threat to Oman
            Rather, Trump once again sought to project strength, threatening that he could bomb US ally Oman if it “gets in the way” of a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran has blockaded.
            “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s*** out of them,” he said during the interview.
            Iranian and Omani officials have been talking for weeks on future maritime navigation arrangements through the shipping route, and the Foreign Ministry in Tehran said earlier on Monday that the two sides were working on a joint declaration.
            Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei said the proposed mechanism would seek to protect the interests of both Iran and Oman while maintaining commercial shipping.
            “This is the first time that a mechanism is being developed to simultaneously safeguard the sovereign rights of the two littoral states and ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels,” said Baghaei.
            Expired truce
            Trump’s remarks came as the MoU expired , with neither side indicating willingness to extend the agreement. Both have accused the other of violating the truce since it came into effect in mid-June.
            “We have not yet made a decision to restart negotiations with the United States,” Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a post on Telegram on Saturday.
            On Friday, Trump claimed that he would even declare the Strait of Hormuz part of US territory, while Iran retorted that the crucial energy waterway it has blockaded “will remain Iranian”.

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            • More News
            • Syria launches probe into death of ‘White Helmet’ rescuer in police custody
            • Explosion reported at school in Afghan capital Kabul
            • CAIR slams Texas governor’s ‘anti-Muslim stunt’ on airport washing stations
            • Netanyahu’s Likud Party holds primaries ahead of Israel’s general elections
            • NBA reportedly has no evidence Clippers owner Steve Ballmer funneled payments to Kawhi Leonard
            • British PM Burnham duped by White House impostor
            • Somali army clashes with rebel forces for control of key city Baidoa
            • Democrats rebuke Trump over scaling back military drills with South Korea
            • Arab League Head Accuses Netanyahu of Seeking to Derail Gaza Settlement
            • Russian Strikes Driving Ukraine’s Military Industry Into Systemic Crisis
            • Rights group urges FIFA to block Infantino re-election bid over term limits
            • Trump demands Iran ‘put up the white flag of surrender’ as MoU expires
            • Iran Announces $30,000 Bounty for Killing or Capturing Aggressor US Troops
            • Israel, Board of Peace Agree on Hamas Disarmament, Gaza Demilitarization- Netanyahu Office
            • 2026-27 Premier League betting preview, odds: Best bets for title race, Golden Boot and more
            • Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires
            • Boat sets sail from Bristol, aiming to break Israel’s siege of Gaza
            • Taiwan’s Foxconn reports 35 percent rise in profit on AI demand
            • US consumer inflation slows in July as energy prices briefly retreat
            • Media groups sue Trump over paid access to public social media posts
            • Paramount Skydance mulls CNN sale amid antitrust merger challenge
            • US accuses dozens of countries of helping China avoid Trump’s tariffs
            • Salvage work begins on tanker leaking oil off Oman, risk firm says
            • Taiwan passes defence budget after record delay, retains drone funding
            • CEO pay skyrockets in 2025 amid growing income inequality in the US


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Monday, August 17, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search