• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            World

            AfD Leader Accuses German Authorities of Inaction After Terrorist Attack on Nord Streams

            Wednesday, August 19, 2026 - 22:31:30
            AfD Leader Accuses German Authorities of Inaction After Terrorist Attack on Nord Streams
            Arya News - Alice Weidel, co-chair of the opposition right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, accused the German government on Wednesday of remaining inactive four years after the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines.

            The German Attorney General"s Office announced on Wednesday the arrest of another suspect in connection with the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines, a Ukrainian citizen Volodymyr Z. Following his extradition from Croatia, he will appear before the Federal Supreme Court in Germany. "A second Ukrainian citizen has been detained on suspicion of involvement in the bombing of the Nord Stream gas pipelines. This terrorist attack against our energy infrastructure must finally be investigated, and those responsible must be held accountable! What is the German government doing? Nothing!" Weidel said on X. The explosions on two Russian gas export pipelines to Europe, Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, occurred on September 26, 2022. Germany, Denmark, and Sweden have not ruled out a deliberate act of sabotage. Nord Stream AG, the operator of the Nord Stream pipeline, said that the damage to the pipelines was unprecedented, and it was impossible to estimate the repair time. The Russian Prosecutor General"s Office has opened a case of international terrorism. Dmitry Peskov, the Russian presidential press secretary, said that Russia had repeatedly requested information on the Nord Stream explosions but had never received it. In 2023, US journalist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Seymour Hersh published an investigation in which, citing a source, he claimed that explosive devices had been planted under Russian gas pipelines in June 2022 under the cover of the Baltops exercises by US Navy divers, supported by Norwegian specialists. According to Hersh, the decision to carry out the operation was made by then-US President Joe Biden. The Pentagon later told RIA Novosti that the United States had no involvement in the bombing of Russian gas pipelines.Read more in our special project here
            https://sputnikglobe.com/20260819/another-suspect-in-nord-stream-blast-case-detained-in-croatia--german-prosecutors-office-1124602761.html
            © Photo : Danish Defence Command/Forsvaret Ritzau Scanpix
            Subscribe
            MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Alice Weidel, co-chair of the opposition right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, accused the German government on Wednesday of remaining inactive four years after the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines.
            The German Attorney General"s Office announced on Wednesday the arrest of another suspect in connection with the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines, a Ukrainian citizen Volodymyr Z. Following his extradition from Croatia, he will appear before the Federal Supreme Court in Germany.
            "A second Ukrainian citizen has been detained on suspicion of involvement in the bombing of the Nord Stream gas pipelines. This terrorist attack against our energy infrastructure must finally be investigated, and those responsible must be held accountable! What is the German government doing? Nothing!" Weidel said on X.

            Arya News

            Nord Stream Sabotage
            Another Suspect in Nord Stream Blast Case Detained in Croatia — German Prosecutor"s Office
            09:58 GMT
            The explosions on two Russian gas export pipelines to Europe, Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, occurred on September 26, 2022. Germany, Denmark, and Sweden have not ruled out a deliberate act of sabotage. Nord Stream AG, the operator of the Nord Stream pipeline, said that the damage to the pipelines was unprecedented, and it was impossible to estimate the repair time. The Russian Prosecutor General"s Office has opened a case of international terrorism. Dmitry Peskov, the Russian presidential press secretary, said that Russia had repeatedly requested information on the Nord Stream explosions but had never received it.
            In 2023, US journalist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Seymour Hersh published an investigation in which, citing a source, he claimed that explosive devices had been planted under Russian gas pipelines in June 2022 under the cover of the Baltops exercises by US Navy divers, supported by Norwegian specialists. According to Hersh, the decision to carry out the operation was made by then-US President Joe Biden. The Pentagon later told RIA Novosti that the United States had no involvement in the bombing of Russian gas pipelines.
            Read more in our special project here

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            15 bodies recovered in Bangladesh in 21 days, sparking public concern
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            Tropical storms, heat and drought putting millions of Vietnamese children at risk: UNICEF
            • More News
            • Canada pledges $50m aid to Lebanon and condemns Israeli ‘unlawful invasion’
            • Zambian opposition leader to challenge election result in ⁠court
            • Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan
            • Trump nominates Heidi Overton to lead US Food and Drug Administration
            • AfD Leader Accuses German Authorities of Inaction After Terrorist Attack on Nord Streams
            • US Department of Justice defends prosecution of Comey over seashell post
            • NATO ‘prepared’ to defend allies amid report of Iranian strike plans
            • Brazil bus crash kills at least 23 and injures five in Parana state
            • Kennedy Center board says it won’t try to immediately restore Trump’s name
            • Russia’s Pantsir Air and Missile Defense System Just Quadrupled Its Firepower
            • North Korea leader’s sister denies talks with ‘hostile’ US
            • Hamas condemns ‘new war crime’ as Israel kills 10 in crowded Gaza hubs
            • Why extreme heat is much more dangerous for the elderly than we realised
            • US and Canada reach ‘very fair’ trade agreement, Trump says
            • Russian Forces Strike Sites Used to Prepare, Launch Ukrainian Flamingo Missiles — MoD
            • Russia Ranks 4th Economy in World by Purchasing Power Parity – Deputy Prime Minister
            • India rout Pakistan at Hockey World Cup 2026 to qualify for second round
            • Israel admits firing on car carrying Hind Rajab, symbol of Gaza’s suffering
            • Seven decades of US regime change efforts: What have they achieved?
            • Spiderman, Move Over: Russia Rolls Out Mortar-Launched Mesh Trap to Capture Drones
            • Second Ukrainian national arrested over 2022 Nord Stream pipeline blast
            • Palestinian refugee and two relatives drown off English coast
            • Israel numbers Palestinian detainee foreheads: What we know
            • Zavier Gozo`s Crystal Palace move gives USMNT another young player to watch in Europe
            • Premier League 2026-27 form guide: Title race, prediction, players to watch


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Wednesday, August 19, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search