• Arya News AgencyEnglish
    • خبرگزاری آریافارسی
    • وکالة آریا للأنباءالعربیه
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • Iran
    • World
      • Economy
        • Sports
          • Technology
            • Archive
            World

            Israeli army, settlers kill 2 Palestinians in separate West Bank incidents

            Friday, August 21, 2026 - 21:23:02
            Israeli army, settlers kill 2 Palestinians in separate West Bank incidents
            Arya News - Israeli settlers fatally shot 17-year-old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh in Hebron, while Israeli forces killed 58-year-old Fathi Khazem in Jenin.

            A Palestinian teenager in Hebron and a former colonel in Jenin have been shot and killed in separate incidents involving Israeli settlers and soldiers, as escalating attacks and the rapid expansion of illegal settlements drive a wave of forced displacement in the occupied West Bank.
            The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Friday that 17-year-old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh was fatally shot in an Israeli settler attack in Khirbet Hamroush.
            Recommended Stories
            list of 3 items list 1 of 3 Gaza holds mass funeral for 50 Palestinians killed in Israeli genocidal war list 2 of 3 Daily struggle for clean water and food takes a physical toll on Gaza kids list 3 of 3 Jewish-American barred by Israel calls settler violence ‘state terror’ end of list Shalaldeh sustained a gunshot wound to the chest and was reported to be in critical condition before he was announced dead. A 70-year-old man was also shot and injured during the attack.
            Local sources told the Palestinian news agency, Wafa, that large groups of armed Israeli settlers raided the Khirbet Hamroush area, opening fire at residents and setting Palestinian homes on fire.
            In a separate incident on Friday morning, the Palestinian General Authority for Civil Affairs informed the Health Ministry that 58-year-old Fathi Khazem was fatally shot by Israeli forces in Jenin. The Israeli military was raiding the home of retired colonel in the Palestinian National Security Forces when the shooting occurred.
            The Israeli army claimed Khazem attempted to stab Israeli troops during a military operation before the soldiers opened fire and killed him.
            The Palestinian Health Ministry said the Israeli army did not release the body to the victim’s family for burial, and Wafa reported that Israeli forces prevented emergency services from reaching the house after the shooting.
            Earlier, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said its crews treated a 14-year-old boy who was shot with live ammunition in the chest and back during an Israeli raid near Jenin. The boy was transferred to a hospital, it added.
            The Israeli military also arrested six people during a separate raid on the city on Friday.
            The ‘most immoral’ army
            Amid new attacks and Israeli army raids across the occupied West Bank, in Qusra, south of Nablus, Israeli settlers continue to besiege three Palestinian homes for a 13th consecutive day under the protection of Israeli forces.
            Qusra Mayor Abdel Azim Wadi said Israeli forces and settlers were preventing families in the Ras al-Ain area from entering or leaving their homes, while one of the houses had been seized and turned into a military post. The area has also been declared a closed military zone.
            Wadi said the families were running short of food and medicine because Israeli forces were preventing supplies from reaching them, Wafa reported.
            Francesca Albanese, UN special rapporteur for the occupied Palestinian territory, called the Israeli military “the MOST IMMORAL ARMY” in a post on X.
            “In the West Bank, soldiers and settlers cut water pipes, while Qusra’s siege continues,” she wrote. “In Gaza the pulverization continues and so the massacres. Since the ceasefire Israel has killed 1,200+ people, including 300 children.”
            A report by Human Rights Watch on Thursday found state-backed Israeli settler violence fully or partially displaced 107 Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank since January 2023.
            The US-based rights group said increased settler attacks, along with the rapid expansion of Israeli settlements that are illegal under international law, are driving a wave of forced displacement of Palestinians.
            Israeli plans to build a major new illegal settlement under the E1 settlement project , which would cleave the occupied West Bank in two, have provoked widespread condemnation from around the world.
            The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Canada and Norway on Thursday called Israel’s opening of construction tenders for more than 1,200 housing units under the project “ unacceptable ” and in violation of “the territorial contiguity of the Palestinian Territories”.
            “Not only will they take us further from peace, but they further undermine Israel’s international standing,” the statement said.

            Short Link:
            News Code:
            Member Code:

            More News
            Pakistan PM directs petroleum minister to hold talks with oil refineries for reducing diesel prices
            Pakistan PM directs petroleum minister to hold talks with oil refineries for reducing diesel prices
            Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan
            Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Seoul mayor faces 18-month prison request over campaign polls
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Pressure mounts to halt, review Indonesia President Prabowo’s free meals programme
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Young dancers seek freedom in Korea’s growing street dance scene
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            Over 1,000 Malaysians in 2km queue for jobs with starting pay of $1.1k
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            After detention reform, migrants in South Korea still face locked doors and long waits
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            Steeped in culture: Chinese tea wins over Moscow
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            New faces coming for polls in Malaysia’s Johor
            • More News
            • Russian drone attack on busy shopping centre kills 14 in Ukraine
            • Arsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence
            • Israeli army, settlers kill 2 Palestinians in separate West Bank incidents
            • Why Iran is threatening Europe’s ‘strategically important’ southeast
            • Russia Offers Global Buyers its Garpia-A1E World’s Longest-Reach Kamikaze Drone
            • England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
            • Ukraine’s Shakhtar to use ex-Russian-owned Chelsea as Champions League home
            • Jannik Sinner to miss US Open tennis major due to knee injury
            • Ukraine sanctions popular Russian cartoon ‘Masha and the Bear’
            • What to know about the Freedom 250 Grand Prix, Trump’s capital car race
            • Bessent Threatens Iran`s Trade Partners with `Economic Oblivion`
            • Argentina’s Paredes gets 10-game ban for World Cup final scuffle with Spain
            • Russian expert warns of impending social crisis as Ukraine death toll rises
            • Brazil launches AI supercomputer push while balancing US and Chinese tech
            • New York mayor Mamdani sues to block $10,000 teaching aide bonuses
            • Closure of al-Makha port leaves workers and traders fearing for the future
            • Russia Rains Fire on Danube Ports to Pull the Plug on Ukraine’s Last Western Arms Dock – Expert
            • 2026 World Cup: Argentina FA fined, 4 players and 1 team official suspended for scuffle with Spain after final
            • Djibouti Football Federation accused of misusing funds from FIFA
            • Fury says fight with Joshua looks unlikely with venue yet to be agreed
            • Manchester City’s Maresca admits he needs time as Bournemouth visit in EPL
            • 2026 World Cup: Argentina FA fined, four players and one team official suspended for scuffle with Spain after final
            • Several people injured in sword attack at school in Sweden
            • Trump’s ‘economic D-Day’ claims first victim: Not Iran, but US markets
            • South Korea footballers urge safety after extreme heat statistics


              خبرگزاری آریا

              "Arya News Agency" is an official and independent Iranian news agency with the slogan "Transparent, honest and professional movement in information dissemination."

              Join with Us:

              Friday, August 21, 2026
              News Groups:
              • Iran
              • World
              • Economy
              • Sports
              • Technology
              Arya Group:
              • مرکز مطالعات استراتژیک آریا
              • شرکت سرزمین هوشمند آریا
              • انتشارات پیشگامان اندیشه آریا
              © - Arya News Agency
              About us| Contact us| RSS| Links| Advanced search